Volkl Mauja Backcountry:
Very light touring ski for beginners and experts.
Already almost a classic – at just 1,225 g (at 1.70 m!) – this ski delivers the kind of effortless ascents that make it predestined for sprints to the peaks and longer tour stages.
Coming back down, it stands out for a classic camber construction with an extra-light multilayer woodcore for added stability. Majestic in the powder and controlled on the slopes, even at higher speeds.
The perfect all-rounder for a wide audience ranging from tour novices to experienced trekkers.
- TERRAIN 50% soft snow, 50% hard pack.
- SKIN 70%/30% Mohair/Nylon Mix.
- WEIGHT 1225g @ 170.
- CORE 'Poplar/Beech Multi Layer Woodcore Light'.
- Power Shell Light.
- CAMBER LINE 'Full Camber'.
- Lenght, 163, radius, 17.9, sidecut, 116-78-102
- Lenght, 170, radius, 19.8, sidecut, 116-78-102
- A skin fastening system that is magnificent in its simplicity: perfect fixation and easy to use; full functionality without unnecessary bells and whistles.
- The skin is attached by inserting its pin through a shaped hole in the shovel of the ski. The skin is then rotated 90° to lock it in place. Once rotated the skin fixation is 100% reliably secured. The system can be monitored by the skier from above at any time to provide visual peace of mind.
- The hole in the tip of the ski is also helpful for building a rescue toboggan in an emergency.
- A traditional camber line.
- Skiers can still enjoy the feel of traditional camber. While not as silky-smooth as a rockered ski, full camber provides stability and acceleration for skiers wanting a more classic ride quality.