Marmot Power Stretch Polartec Red Man:
This stretchable wonder is destined to become a staple in your outdoor toolkit.
The outstanding insulating properties of lightweight Polartec® Power Stretch® fabric and flat lock construction make for effortless multi-season layering.
- Polartec® Power Stretch®
- Flat Lock Construction
- Zippered Chest Pocket - To Secure Small Items
- Cuff Nosewipe
- Wind Flap Behind Front Zipper with Chin Guard
- Updated Design
- Exclusive Weight
- 27" Center Back Length for Size Medium
- Weight:◦10 oz / 283.5 g
- Polartec®Power Stretch® 91% Polyester, 9% Elastane 5.9 oz/yd
Polartec® Power Stretch®
- Polartec® Power Stretch® fabrics feature body-hugging 4-way stretch and are very breathable.
- They keep you dry when you sweat and provide warmth without weight.
- These are the most versatile outdoor and fitness apparel fabrics available today.
- Polartec® Power Stretch® fabrics feature a proprietary construction with two unique surfaces: the durable nylon outer layer is wind- and abrasion-resistant; the soft inner layer pulls moisture away from your skin keeping you dry, warm and comfortable.
- The fabric also features compression stretch which can improve performance and reduces the chance of certain types of stop-go injuries. Polartec® Power Stretch® excels at handling the demands of the next-to-skin environment.
- How does it work- Moisture and high relative humidity next to the skin cause discomfort.
- Polartec® Power Stretch® keeps the skin dry through three complementary mechanisms:
- 1) The fabric is highly breathable and does not restrict the movement of moisture vapor.
- 2) "Touch Points" on the fabric inner surface draw off the sweat. Sweat is wicked off the skin to the outside of the fabric, where it spreads rapidly for evaporation.
- 3) When the sweat reaches the outside of the fabric, it spreads out to many times its original surface area, enabling it to dry at least 2 times faster than cotton.